Saturday, September 27, 2008

iTunes Roulette

Alright so I've got a new game to play....I'll do it let's say, once a month, and I'm sure it's something we'll have great fun with. I "lovingly ripped off" the idea from a new blog that I've just started reading which I highly recommend called Silly Pipe Dreams. It's under my 'Blogs of Interest' so you can check it out there. Anyways, this is how the game goes. I press play randomly on my iTunes and it starts. Every song that comes up I'll talk a little bit about, but there will only be ten songs. Nothing gets skipped, no matter how odd or embarrassing. So here it goes....

1. I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) - Stevie Wonder
One of the most underrated Stevie Wonder songs of all time. And one of the most romantic he's ever written. Thank you High Fidelity for introducing me to it and so many other great songs.

2. Good Woman - Cat Power
Honestly, I never truly listened to this song before now. But I love it, it's so simple. Definitely one of her best.

3. Hurt - Christina Aguilera
This is such a depressing song. Seriously... And the fact that it's really about her father? So so so very sad. But Christina's amazing and I love her.

4. Two Days Later/Daddy's Girl - The York Theatre Cast of I Sing!
Leslie Kritzer is fierce....period. And this show only showcases how much that statement is true. Like, it's cold hard fact. There's no arguing it.

5. Promises - Kylie Minogue
Yes, I listen to Kylie Minogue....she's good to work out to. And kind of fun to dance around to when you're alone in your room.

6. Everything I Am - Kanye West
I love Kanye. He may be a little crazy, he might be extremely conceited, but he's ridiculously talented. This whole album is proof of that. He isn't like the other "rappers" today. And that is part of what makes him so great.

7. Come Out Of The Dumpster - The Original Broadway Cast of The Wedding Singer
I know....it's a guilty pleasure, leave me alone.

8. Falling Awake - Gary Jules
Gary Jules is wonderfully odd. His lyrics are so weird but so pretty. I don't get it. But I do know that this is better than his cover of Tears for Fears' "Mad World". Don't get me wrong, I love that song, especially that cover, but the rest of his stuff tends to get overlooked. And this isn't a song that should ever get overlooked.

9. Perfect - Alanis Morrisette
One of the most depressing songs ever. The thing is, it's something everyone experiences. That pressure that keeps mounting on your back to be perfect. It sucks, I know. So when you're feeling that pressure, that weight of the world on your back, give this song a listen. Alanis understands.

10. The Brady Bunch Theme Song - The Brady Bunch
I always get called Marsha....I'm not kidding.

No comments: