Sunday, January 25, 2009

Big Strong Girl

I honestly don't know what to write about....

I've been listening to The Weepies a lot, hence the title. As I say every time, if you don't know them, get to know them. They are a great band and you definitely won't regret it.

I guess I can talk about a video I recently saw that inspired me. We see those kids on youtube who lipsync or even sing along to their favorite songs, mostly musicals, and we get a kick out of it because they are usually pretty fucking bad. However, there's this ten year old kid who has recorded himself doing a ton of songs from In the Heights and he is good at it. And he loves it. When I was looking at Lin-Manuel Miranda's youtube page I noticed he had put up a new video called In the Heights...Dreams Come True. I did not expect what I saw. I'm not even going to try to explain what transpired here, I'm just going to post the video and hope that you are as touched as I was. There need to be more people in the world like this.

No comments: