Thursday, August 7, 2008

Govie Lovers, Sittin' There On The Bench

Today I had a thought. What if I... what if I had never met you? - Carrie Bradshaw


What if I had never met you? For those of you who are govies out there, most of you know that I was an alternate. What if I hadn't gotten that call the Tuesday before we were supposed to move up to Erie for those five wonderful weeks?

I've been thinking lately, how this past year I have taken these wonderful relationships and memories for granted. Why, I don't know. But somehow deep down, I know I have. And that thought kills me. Am I going to see most of you ever again? Those people who agreed that they'd never lose touch, well, did they? I know I've come up short on my end of the bargain with all but a select few people.

And for that I want to say I'm sorry. I am so so very sorry. And for those of you whose places of residence I visited, yet never called you to say I was even thinking about you I want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not trying to keep up with everyone's lives. I'm sorry for not letting you all know exactly how much you really mean to me (which, for clarification, is a hell of a lot).

If I hadn't had the chance to get to know and love you all, where would I be now? Most certainly not where I am. I wouldn't be the person I am. I wouldn't have the wonderful memories that I have. But most of all, I wouldn't have you. I can't imagine what life would be like without Gov. School and I don't want to. Yes, this sounds melodramatic, but who really cares? That experience changed my life and I'll never be the same because of it. This entry can be summed up in two words really...

Thank you. Thank you for everything. Honestly, I don't know if I'm ever going to get to say this to 93% of you in person so I just wanted you to know now. Sure, most of you probably won't even ever read this, but just in case...if one random day you happen to look on this site and browse through my blogs then stumble upon this one, at least it says it here.

Remember kids, Doug Woods is God


And just for you guys, I'll throw in a couple of extra doodily-doos;
Song of the Gods - Chris Kamenstein
Hey Jude - The Beatles

But most importantly, how could we forget...

A Whole New World - Brad Kane and Lea Salonga

No comments: